February 27, 2008

St. Patrick's Day Approaching Soon!

Oh my, it is the end of February and March will be here in a flash!  Time to make a toast to the Irish!  I do hope my cold and/or flu symptoms go away soon because I'm going batty with cabin fever.  I even had to cancel plans with a dear friend from out of town.  I would feel just awful if my friend and her family caught what I have.

Happy Green-Beer, Corned-Beef-and-Cabbage Day!   Okay, so the Irish aren't known for their culinary dishes.  I wish that I could find that damn pot 'o gold...but the leprechaun who guards it keeps moving it, so I'm told!

It's a bit o' the Irish. The traditions, customs, and history of St. Patrick's Day are explored. There's also a fun game for the lads and lasses! Today, the tradition continues with people from all walks and heritages by wearing green, eating Irish food, and attending parades.  St. Patrick's Day is bursting with folklore; from the shamrock to the leprechaun and to pinching those that are not wearing green.

Listen, I'm not Irish,  I won't be wearing green and no one should even think of pinching me on St. Patrick's Day!  Unless, of course, that someone is George Clooney......I would be honored to have him pinch me until I turn green!  I'd like to think George would appreciate the "Map of Italy" on my face!  LOL


 

No comments:

Post a Comment