March 10, 2013

Untie the Ribbons!



No matter what you want in life, you must give up something to get it.  It is a universal law and works something like this:

The greater the value of what you want, the greater the sacrifice you will have to make. The truth is, that it is hard, constant dedication and commitment that bring results.  

You have to understand that there are no short cuts, easy streets, deviations or roundabouts.

Expect to pay a price if you want to make your life better.  But more importantly, also be prepared to pay a price for just leaving things as they are. 

So, untie those ribbons and go fly your kite and get what you want.  Be happy!


7 comments:

  1. I have been searching for something to send a special person. Thanks. These words are so true, This is life.
    Thanks lady, you are special.

    Love from this end of the turnpike for a few more days..
    ((HUGS))

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is a price - sometimes a high price - but it is worth it to be happy. sandie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can remember a time when I was told we were crazy to have a large family. That the cost was just too high. But you know, I wouldn't have missed the chance to have them for any thing. For me the price was just right.

    ReplyDelete
  4. LOVE THIS. You are right, there is a high price and sometimes alot of sacrifice is needed. But if you do not take a chance and try to grab your moment in time, you will live to regret it for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Posting this for Donna Ying:

    Rose you are so amazing your blog is always so insightful. Always makes me think. Thanks so much for doing that.
    Hugs, Your lifelong friend Donna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Posting this for Jim Pittsley:

    I love all of your blogs, even though I don't respond to them. I want you to know that I look forward to them. This one especially hit a cord with me.
    The last time I flew a kite was back in 2005 with my Godson Joey...He loved it! He may have only been almost four years old, but he almost instinctly knew how too fly the kite once I got into the air for him.
    Today Pastor Ben, briefly spoke about gifts. Reading your blogs is a gift.
    Keep writing them.
    Love you!
    Thank you!
    Jim

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well said, my dear. I try to shoot for the stars but some things have emotional price tags that I'm not willing to pay.

    I figure that if one wants something bad enough, one will find a way to obtain it....

    Jimmy

    ReplyDelete