June 12, 2011

Honey is Sweet but Bees Sting!



There are two days in every week about which we should not worry, two days which should be kept free from fear and apprehension.

One of these days is Yesterday with all its mistakes and cares, its faults and blunders, its aches and pains. Yesterday has passed forever beyond our control. All the money in the world cannot bring back Yesterday. We cannot undo a single act we performed; we cannot erase a single word we said. Yesterday is gone forever.

The other day we should not worry about is Tomorrow with all its possible adversities, its burdens, its large promise and its poor performance;

Tomorrow is also beyond our immediate control. Tomorrow's sun will rise, either in splendor or behind a mask of clouds, but it will rise. Until it does, we have no stake in Tomorrow, for it is yet to be born.

This leaves only one day, Today. Any person can combat the battle of just one day. Ever notice when you and add the burdens of those two awful eternities Yesterday and Tomorrow that we break down.

It is not the experience of Today that drives a person mad, it is the remorse or bitterness of something which happened Yesterday and the dread of what Tomorrow may bring.

Therefore, I try to live but one day at a time.





9 comments:

  1. What a joy to read Roses are READ! Love the philosophy, I try to live by it, because it makes worlds of sense, BUT I borrow from tomorrow too often, something that is not actually possible as you point out.

    Also I tried to comment on the last entry. Couldn't get the system to cooperate. Just wanted you to know, it hit home and I agree completely. It makes one wonder about today's work force.

    I am hearing this stuff about Palin's e-mails! How long do they live, the e-mails that is. Are they going to publish everyone's.

    Theis cyberspace has great benefits, like meeting Rose, but it has sunk a few BIG ships.

    Oh well, love the blog as always.
    Love to get the 'wink'. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! I am a first time reader and love your blog. What a blessing.The pics are awesome too. Do you share any? If not, could you direct me to somebody who does graphics? I used to have a list but computer crashed and away they went. I will definitely be back. I am a person who lives moment by moment, making each one count, giving each my full attention. Have an awesome day. So happy to have come across your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't live any other way. Looking forward or backward gives me no peace of mind at all. So yes, I live one day at a time and sometimes one moment at a time. Hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really like your blog. I may have mentioned that before...I particularly like this entry.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I wholeheartedly agree. Best to take one day at a time.

    Take care.
    Janice

    ReplyDelete
  6. An excellent thought, Rose and just yesterday, I had an experience where I exercised that same philosophy.

    I noticed a scratch on my car and at first, I was livid. I pondered the thought for a moment and realized what's done is done. I could not change it, so I let it go. Wow! It felt good!

    Jimmy

    ReplyDelete
  7. My motto lately has definitely been one day at a time.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great advice Rose. I like the guy who said "I'm always upset on days ending in the letter "s."

    D

    ReplyDelete
  9. We are what we are because of who we were...nothing can change yesterday....we must all do the best the best we can today..

    As you say we should live
    ONE DAY AT A TIME.......

    ReplyDelete