December 29, 2007

New Year

Hello Everyone!

I had a wonderful time with Nina, Marie and Ann Marie (my Everett friends) yesterday.  We chatted for hours at the Kowloon Restaurant on Route 1.  I'm surprised they didn't throw us out as we were there from 11:30 to close to 4:00 PM.  We had a lot to catch up on.

 

Marie & Nina

Rose & AnnMarie

Christmas is over now and time to get ready for a new year!  Wow....2008!

Every year as the clock nears midnight on December 31st, the eyes of the world turn once more to the dazzling lights and bustling energy of Times Square.  I watch it every year on TV.  I gave up going out on New Years Eve years ago.....I prefer to stay away from the drunks on the road.

Anticipation runs high. New Year's Eve at the symbolic center of New York City has become more than just a celebration - it's a global tradition. The world holds its breath...and cheers as the clocks strike twelve.  As the famous New Year's Eve Ball descends from the flagpole atop One Times Square.

We will all be bidding a collective farewell to the departing year, and expressing our joy and hope for the year ahead.

I'm getting ready to spend today and tomorrow at Diane (Screnci) Beatrice's house for a sleep over....should be a fabulous time.  I can't believe she said there are about 25 girls coming.....I'm so excited and anxious to see everyone and I will take pictures and post them later for all of you to see.  My other classmates will be thrilled to see the photos and hear all about our time together.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment